2012 was a great year. I continued to imrpove in my swim, bike, and run and set new personal bests in running and tri from sprint to half iron and ended the year with my first full Ironman.
Year in summary:
– Completed my first full Ironman (race report)
– Completed one Half Ironman and set a personal best in swim and bike and still ended the race with a PR with a bad run.
– Completed three Olympic distance with a PR
– Completed one sprint triathlon with a PR
– Completed one half marathon and set a new PR
– 1 DNF (Rev3 Cedar Point)
– 1 bike crash which caused the DNF
I am looking forward to continue improving in 2013. I will be working with my first ever coach Heath Dotson from HD Coaching. 2013 will be highlighted with my first ever full marathon in May and unconventional distance 100 mile triathlon in June.
Total training for the year:
Running: 1,276 miles
Biking: 263 hours (4,830 miles)
Swimming: 158.5 miles